Senior Engineer – Facades
Job Type: Full time
- Provide technical advice and contribute ideas within a supportive team
- Join a company that truly values it's people, offering professional memberships and global project exposure
- Genuine flex working opportunities including hybrid working and part time hours
You will be working with the supportive team of consulting Façade Engineers in Melbourne to service our growing pipeline of projects across our Places sector.
- Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with client and Arcadis specifications, national standards and codes of practice;
- Maintaining ongoing communication with relevant Project Managers/Team Leaders and clients when required, to ensure effective communications on matters relevant to the project;
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members;
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design; and
- Promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis’s services during interfaces with clients and other sectors/disciplines.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in diagnostics and remediation on façade systems to Australian (preferable), US, and UK standards. Experience in façade engineering within the Australian context highly desirable;
- Analysis using structural design packages;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in civil/structural engineering;
- Broad experience in typical façade procurement approaches in Australia and with design and documentation to suit the procurement approaches;
- Experience with: structural aspects of façade design; material selection; durability; and weather-proofing design philosophy;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including report preparation.
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a lobal business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180.
Transform Your World