Job Type: Full time
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Our geospatial Team at Arcadis provides high end solutions related to transport, environment, waste, urban development, sustainability, and energy clients. We are a team with specialist skills who are developing a reputation for technical excellence and innovation within the business. To support our growing pipeline of opportunities and continue to extend our current offerings, we are looking for a GIS Consultant to join the national team, based in Melbourne.
- Delivering GIS projects of varying scale meeting budget, timeframe, and quality targets;
- Support Innovation in developing solutions in geospatial domain;
- Providing GIS analysis, spatial data management, map production;
- Developing Web GIS portals (2D/ 3D) and data collection apps;
- Supportive team environment in problem solving;
- Support writing proposals and technical documentation; and
- Work with the team to promote relationship with existing and potential clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated Industry experience in GIS ideally 3-5 years in a similar professional consultancy role;
- High level of proficiency in ESRI and associated suite of products (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise);
- Experience in Python, FME, AutoCAD is preferable;
- A passion for innovation and the drive to continuously improve processes and deliverables;
- Exposure to machine learning, AI and other mapping platforms will be highly regarded; and
- Proven communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Transform Your World
#LI-BS2 #ResilienceAustralia #Hybrid