Assistant Project Manager
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Southport, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Work with a high performing team delivering great results
- Join a company that truly values it's people, offering professional memberships and global project exposure
- Genuine flex working opportunities including hybrid working and part time hours
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Off the back of growing demand, we are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to work across various projects within our Energy & Resources team. Supporting national projects, this position can be based in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne.
- Taking on a key role in managing and directing project teams, providing both leadership and technical guidance to team members, whilst developing them to their full potential and championing a quality culture;
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the project strategy, brief and client requirements;
- Directing the assessment, selection and management of suppliers, sub-consultants and contractors associated with projects;
- To manage the delivery of projects to meet time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets;
- Ensuring designs, documentation reports, proposals, contract documentation and specifications are produced to meet client requirements for projects of reasonable complexity;
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant degree;
- Chartered status or equivalent professional accreditation is preferable;
- Project management experience. Experience working on Energy & Resources projects is highly desirable;
- Relevant post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale and/or complexity, application of standards, managing of resources and technical knowledge;
- Sound commercial background, including familiarity with contractual conditions and procedures, including international conditions and ability to take commercial responsibility for a project
- Demonstrated technical and commercial acumen with proven experience of managing and delivering design solutions.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180
Transform Your World