Project Manager / Design Manager
Job Type: Full time
- Lead and deliver multi-million-dollar design packages and projects
- Supportive team culture with flexible work options
- Join a high performing, collaborative team delivering exceptional results
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Our rail team is growing rapidly and we are now seeking a Project Manager / Design Manager to lead medium to large scale, multi disciplinary rail infrastructure projects.
- Overseeing multi-disciplinary design coordination and providing technical leadership to project teams and attending client meetings, responding to enquiries, and collaborating across all stages of the project lifecycle
- Providing effective leadership, and direction, leading by example and championing a quality culture
- Taking responsibility for financial and project management controls which enable monitoring, modification and forecasting
- Identifies key themes and trends by analysing data and makes recommendations to promote project decision making
- Managing the acquisition, deployment and optimization of resources for the project
- Driving timely service delivery including technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring delivery meets or exceeds client expectation
- Advises senior management on ongoing project issues as a specialist
- Contributing to acquisition of new projects for existing clients
Qualifications & Experience:
First and foremost, you share our passion for improving the quality of life through your contribution to large scale, city shaping infrastructure projects. You are a degree qualified engineering professional with experience in the rail industry and appreciation of associated highway and street works, and will come to us with:
- Demonstrated success leading multidisciplinary design teams and delivering design solutions on projects including the application of standards, management of resources and technical knowledge
- Ability to effectively implement design delivery best practice including risk and change management, project set-up and planning
- Knowledge of the rail industry and familiarity with clients such as Transport for NSW, Sydney Metro, ARTC, Queensland TMR, Queensland Rail or Aurizon
- The ability to take commercial responsibility for a project including familiarity with contractual conditions and procedures
- Proven stakeholder management experience with clients, contractors, rail operators and suppliers
- A strong understanding of the Systems Engineering and assurance approach in the delivery of the design
- A strong understanding of the SFAIRP principles and our obligations as a design under the Rail Safety Act
- A strong understanding of the management of technical and project risks
- AIPM, PMI or other Project Management qualifications (desirable / well regarded)
- CPEng or RPEQ accreditation (desirable / well regarded)
We will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a lobal business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180