Principal Signalling Project Engineer
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
- Join a global design and engineering consultancy
- Diverse & varied role in a supportive and dynamic environment
- With flexible work options including part time hours available
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
With an exciting pipeline of rail work in Perth public transport and heavy haul projects across regional WA, our Rail team is looking for a Principal Signalling Engineer.
- Concept & scheme development, including feasibility studies, business case preparation and concept design
- Signal design and preparation of interlocking data, signalling plans, track insulation plans, control tables and circuit design for new and altered works
- Ensuring that the signalling designs produced conform to quality procedures and Australian railway operator standards
- Providing both leadership and technical advice to project team members;
- Reviewing of and ensuring compliance with the components of the project for which you are responsible, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies and the interfaces with other disciplines;
Qualifications & Experience:
First and foremost, you share our passion for improving the quality of life and want to be part of city-shaping projects that change the way we move around our capital. You are a tertiary qualified engineer with extensive experience in the rail industry. You will come to us with:
- Extensive experience in signalling design, ideally in Microlok and/or ATC
- Previous experience in signaling detailed circuit and/or data design
- Experience and/or understanding of Operational Modelling, Systems Engineering and Type Approval Process
- Effective communication skills and ability to liaise with other divisions of Arcadis, clients, contractors, suppliers, regulatory authorities, users and trade staff for supply of signalling design systems.
- A flair for engaging with clients and stakeholders at all levels;
- Experience in design management, checking and verification
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a lobal business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180
Transform Your World