Structural Engineers - Multiple Positions - SA
Location: SA, Adelaide
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Structural Engineering Manager, our Structural Engineering vacancies are open to various levels of seniority and will provide essential engineering support to ensure the safe and efficient operations and availability of the Collins Class Submarine fleet, which contribute to Australia’s frontline naval capabilities.
- Provide engineering support for sustainment of the Collins Class Submarines during maintenance activities and in-service defects.
- Develop work scope and risk assessments for in-service defects, emerging maintenance and reliability issues requiring knowledge of engineering fundamentals and the Defence Seaworthiness Management System.
- Development and review of structural documentation such as root cause analysis, structural calculations, work instructions, defect assessments, repair procedures, test procedures and engineering reports.
- Produce safety and technical risk assessments in accordance with the Defence Seaworthiness Management System.
Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor of Engineering, Civil, Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerospace or similar (Degree must satisfy membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia at MIEAust level).
- Diplomas in relevant engineering fields will be considered for Technical Officer placements.
- Experience conducting structural analysis within a heavy engineering, shipbuilding or defence industry.
- Experience with working through integration issues with stakeholders to find acceptable solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with stakeholders, as well as the drive to motivate yourself and others, and embrace personal development.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance, an Australian Defence Security Clearance and an ability to access protected US defence technology. Your eligibility for this role is dependent on you obtaining and maintaining such clearances and approvals.
Whilst ASC will accept all applications for this role, as this role requires an ability to access protected US defence technology, applicants holding nationality of certain foreign countries will not be eligible.
To check your eligibility please visit - Security clearances – Vetting assessment | Sectors | Defence
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Additional 2 weeks of leave
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!