Job Type: Full time
REM:- Attractive salary package plus bonus opportunity
The Operations leaders play a major role in the day to day running of Aurizon's rail operations. You will work collaboratively with colleagues to enable the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of train services to our customers. This role will see you champion a safety and leadership culture which promotes, creates and maintains a safe environment for our employees.
About the role:
- Lead a team of train crew
- Setting and monitoring of performance standards and behavioural standards to build a high-performance team.
- Contribute to a learning environment spending time in the field engaging with crew
- Ensure optimum driving methodologies are adhered to by reviewing downloads and providing feedback
- Work in collaboration with rostering and scheduling teams to manage training, annual leave and attendance levels
- Manage performance and disciplinary matters if required
- Take accountability for incident investigations within the area of responsibility and conduct detailed investigation reports
- Previous experience in leadership, ideally in a logistics or heavy industry environment
- Able to demonstrate a strong commitment to safety and influence employees to make sound safe choices
- Demonstrated frontline leadership capability including task assignment, problem solving and performance management
- An ability to demonstrate your effectiveness at engaging team members, establishing and sustaining relationships & setting of clear direction
- You will be highly organised and be able to prioritise conflicting tasks ensuring the best outcomes for the business
- Ability to work on a 24/7 shift roster
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Please apply for position reference 88420 online