Principal People Business Partner (Bulk Central)
Job Type: Full time
Remuneration/Benefit: Competitive remuneration + bonus incentives
Bulk Central (formerly One Rail Australia), a newly formed division of our rapidly growing Bulk business unit, is seeking a Principal People Business Partner to partner with and support the General Manager Bulk Central and the senior leadership team, as they integrate this newly acquired business spanning from South Australia to the Northern Territory.
About the role: This is an exciting time to join Aurizon and lead the people stream on the integration of the newly acquired business within the broader Aurizon enterprise. You will be the trusted advisor to the General Manager Bulk Central, providing value adding strategic HR advice and coaching on key people related initiatives that support the achievement of a safe and performance driven culture. Reporting to the Manager People Business Partnering and working closely with your peers within the People Business Partnering team and wider People team, you will ensure consistent implementation of the enterprise people strategy and application of best practice change management processes.
More specifically, this role will:
- Coach and advise Senior Leaders in capability uplift, Inclusion, remuneration, talent, leadership development and culture change.
- Partner to identify and implement improvement initiatives that support workplace change and transformation.
- Identify and partner to execute business unit-specific improvement and innovation opportunities and ensure alignment of these with corporate activities and appropriately managing change.
- Communicate, advocate, and operationalise the Enterprise People Strategy (including cyclical HR activities).
- Manage a broad range of HR activities including change management, employee relations, workforce planning, inclusion and diversity, performance management, succession, organisational development, and strategic HR planning.
About you: We are seeking an experienced HR professional with broad demonstrated operational HR skills and capabilities, ideally in a large-scale organisational environment. One of your strengths is your interpersonal skills, enabling strong relationships to be built quickly with a variety of stakeholders. Your thinking is agile and innovative, and you are able to communicate and influence at all levels. You understand the importance of approaching issues with a solution and risk-based focus and have the confidence to challenge when appropriate.
Additionally, you have:
- A tertiary qualification in a Human Resources/Business/Psychology related discipline.
- 8+ years operational HR experience preferably in large complex organisations.
- Experience coaching, advising, and guiding senior leaders in creating an inclusive, high performance and safety driven culture.
- Flexibility to travel regularly to our regional depots within the portfolio.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our people to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with exciting long term career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- A place to work where safety and wellbeing is our top priority
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles, and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers