Transition to Rail Leadership
Job Type: Full time
Location Callemondah (Gladstone)
REM Attractive salary package
At Aurizon we are continuously looking for ways to attract new talent into our business. We recognise that changing industries can be daunting for some and for others stepping into an entry level position to break into an industry may not be feasible. As such, we have devised a development plan to enable individuals with demonstrated leadership experience and capability to transition smoothly into the Rail sector. This position will offer a 2-year development plan which will involve a combination of structured classroom-based learning with rotations around core operational roles within our Coal business. At the end of the development program you will placed in a key operational leadership role within the largest mine to port coal network in the world.
- Exposure to a variety of key operational roles and depots within Aurizon
- Individual ownership for your development deliverables throughout each rotation
- Combining classroom & on the job training to build your technical knowledge & capability
- Rotations will include working on a 24/7 shift roster in a safety critical environment, across multiple sites in Central Queensland
You are a natural leader with a passion for delivering excellent results whilst maintaining a collaborative culture. When it comes to leadership, you lead by example, are intuitive and have a vested interest in development to ensure you’re getting the best out of your team. In this role you will thrive on working in a challenging environment, where you will draw upon existing leadership skills to develop a new career in the Rail sector.
- Ability to complete 3-6 month rotations across our Central QLD depots
- Approximately 3-5+ years’ experience in a leadership role ideally in an operations environment
- Strong desire to achieve by committing to each rotation and taking responsibility for the success of your development plan
- Collaborative and proactive approach to work, acknowledge mistakes and share the learnings
- Demonstrated planning and decision-making skills including the self-motivation to initiate the day’s work activities/ initiatives and deliver outcomes
- Tertiary qualifications highly regarded
- Current drivers’ licence - open
- Able to work a 24/7 shift roster
As you will be rotating across safety critical roles within Aurizon you will be required to undertake psychometric testing and must be able to meet the requirements of a National Standards Rail Category One medical.
What We Can Offer You:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long-term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include: -
- Access to mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to salary sacrificing benefits
Aurizon is a top-100 ASX-listed company and Australia's largest rail freight operator. Each day we transport coal, iron ore and other minerals as well as agricultural and general freight across the nation. We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee, be they male or female, blue collar or white collar, and allows them to build better careers as they help us build a better company.
Please apply online to position 90223