Heavy Transport Operator G7 - Mt Isa x 3
Location: Mount Isa
Job Type: Full time
Location: Mt Isa
Aurizon’s Mt Isa Port team is seeking two Heavy Vehicle Operators G7 to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. Applicants will need to hold HC or MC licence and have experience driving heavy vehicles.
Remuneration/Benefit: competitive hourly rate
- Working 8&6 or 7&7 roster
- Residential or FIFO out of Townsville
- Full time permanent positions working for Australia’s Largest Rail Freight Operating Company
About the role:
- Operate & maintain including basic maintenance tasks on heavy vehicles
- Load and unload materials and goods with forklifts & loaders in a safe manner
- General labouring duties as required
- HC and MC drivers’ licence and a safe driving record (minimum 1-year driving experience)
- Heavy forklift & loader ticket will be highly regarded, but not mandatory (on the job training can be provided)
- Ability to complete paperwork such as pre-starts on vehicles, defect reports and other various reporting
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 87612), please contact Julia on 08 9212 2605.