Job Type: Full time
Aurizon has recently secured additional contracts within the Grain and Intermodal space and is now looking to increase their Locomotive Train Driver workforce at our Emerald depot. This role will be suited to an individual who is able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and customer service.
About the role:
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting, and marshalling.
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of on-time running.
- Prepare and conduct brake testing on locomotives.
- Provide high quality customer service to enable Aurizon to meet its set business objectives.
- Must be available to work 24/7 shift roster.
- Experience in QLD Safeworking System is advantageous.
- Extensive freight and/or heavy haulage locomotive driving experience.
- A Certificate IV in Rail Operations.
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence.
Successful candidates will need to provide evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations).
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 7312), please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568