Rollingstock Maintainer - Kwinana
Location: Kwinana Beach
Job Type: Full time
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive wages as per EA
- Entry level role in the mechanical team
- On the job relevant training opportunities
- Permanent position offering professional growth and opportunities
About the role:
Aurizon is currently seeking applications from local Perth – metro residents to join its maintenance team in Kwinana depot.
This role will be responsible for the efficient operational maintenance of rollingstock to ensure the safe and efficient running of Aurizon’s fleet.
The role of Rollingstock Maintainer will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting routine corrective maintenance and fault repair on wagons
- Reporting on actual work performed against the scheduled work program
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specifications
- Progressing the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement
- Supporting other WA depots as per current EA.
- Strong commitment to safety
- Current unrestricted WA drivers license
- High level of knowledge of functions, defects, and fault findings with equipment
- Cert III in Engineering or equivalent would be highly regarded, however, is not essential
- Substantial level of skills in repair, maintenance, and overhaul of machinery although not essential, would be highly regarded
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 69252), please contact Julia on 08 9212 2605.