Tradesperson Electrical - Forrestfield
Job Type: Full time
Remuneration: Attractive Salary and Other Employment Conditions
- Ongoing training
- Growth opportunities
- Working on Mon - Fri roster mix of day/afternoon shifts
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce, and we encourage local trade qualified Female and Indigenous Australians candidates to apply.
About the role:
Working as part of the Rollingstock Maintenance team, the successful candidate will exercise their trade skills and knowledge to ensure that locomotives, wagons, plant and infrastructure are repaired and maintained to the required standard of safety and reliability to ensure the efficient running of freight services.
- Repair and maintain locomotives, wagons, plant and infrastructure within level of competence;
- Work from schematic diagrams and technical drawings to fault find and solve electrical problems;
- Undertake train examination and operate fixed and mobile plant;
- Provide guidance and "on job" instruction to other staff as required;
- Use fixed, portable and hand machines, utilising hand tools and precision instruments;
- Undertake material, tooling, component identification, selection, application and installation;
- Provide derailment recovery as required.
- A strong commitment to safety and the “I Know Safe, I choose Safe” principal.
- An Electrical Trades Certificate or formal equivalent and a valid 'A' grade Electrical License.
- The ability to interpret schematic drawings.
- A current unrestricted driver's license.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 86584), please contact Julia on 08 9212 2605.