Superintendent Traction (Projects)
Job Type: Contract/temp
Location: Jilalan ( Sarina )
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary package plus bonus
Aurizon is looking for an outstanding and influential people leader, focused on performance and relentless on commitment to safe working. Based out of the Jilalan Depot near Sarina as the Superintendent Traction Projects you will provide leadership in the delivery of Aurizon Network’s Traction Asset Renewal program by optimising organisational productivity, leveraging our existing contractor agreements, and driving process improvements.
- Established leadership from either an Electrical Traction trade or engineering background.
- Have the ability to effectively engage leaders, team members, set clear direction and provide coaching and mentoring.
- You will have experience in managing a team and fostering a positive atmosphere in the workplace.
- You will be technically competent and able to guide your teams with quick decisions
- Knowledge of contemporary Traction maintenance, construction, project and program management, supply chain and reliability processes
- Well-developed safety management skills and knowledge including incident investigation, safety interactions, near miss reporting and behavior-based safety leadership.
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills and a strong business acumen.
About the role
- Creating and executing a program of works integrated with an operational railway.
- Planning resources and executing a safe project plan.
- Championing a safety culture which promotes, creates and maintains a Zero Harm approach in all aspects of the operation.
- Providing leadership and coaching to achieve customer expectations through a result driven, customer focused and commercial culture.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Apply conceptual and analytical skills and utilise key performance indicators to optimise delivery of services on time.
- Manage financial and operational budgets, resources, on time performance and safety.
- Ensure performance is measured and meets or exceeds business requirements.
- Maintain up to date training and key competencies across all teams.
- Build positive workplace relationships with all stakeholders.
- Take accountability and ownership when driving your outcomes focused team
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets. To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers