Location: Dry Creek
Job Type: Full time
As Aurizon continues to thrive in 2022, we are currently seeking qualified Locomotive Drivers to be based at our Dry Creek depot in South Australia on a full-time arrangement. This role will be suited to an individual who is able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and excellent customer service.
About the role:
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and marshalling.
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of on-time running.
- Prepare and conduct brake testing on locomotives.
- Provide high quality customer service to enable Aurizon to meet its set business objectives.
- Strong commitment to safety and Aurizon’s safety strategy “I Know Safe, I Choose Safe”
- Must be available to work a 24/7 shift roster
- Experience in SA and NT Safe Working System is advantageous
- Extensive freight and/or heavy haulage locomotive driving experience
- A Certificate IV in Rail Operations
- Current unrestricted driver’s licence
Successful candidates will need to provide evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations) or equivalent.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For further information on this role 89198 please contact Jason McBride 08 9212 2568