Electrical Trade Operator (RT)
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Salary Offered
- FIFO to the Pilbara on a 12 on 9 off Roster (only qualified applicants)
- Australia's Largest Rail Freight Operator
- Flights, Accommodation, High Base Salary + Bonus & Retention Payments
Aurizon are looking for qualified Electrical Tradespeople, to join a specialised Ballast cleaning project in the Pilbara on a 12- 9 roster with great benefits available. In this FIFO position you will be responsible for carrying out machine maintenance and operating duties of our Resurfacing Machines and Ballast Undercutter.
About the role:
- Contribute to machine availability by efficiently maintaining, servicing and repairing any infrastructure machinery.
- Undertake Trade/Operator and other tasks and directed by Supervisors.
- Complete operation and maintenance reporting/administration work.
- Communicate machine maintenance requirements effectively, contributing to a team based approach for machine operation and maintenance.
- Operate any infrastructure machinery and all associated machinery where qualified and required.
- Possess a relevant Electrical trade certificate and/or licence (mandatory).
- Experience Operating Resurfacing Machines and or Ballast Undercutters (not mandatory).
- High level of skill in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant and equipment.
- Efficiently maintaining, servicing, repairing and performing approved modifications.
- Operate Tampers, Regulators, Undercutters, and other required machinery (not mandatory).
- Communicate machine maintenance requirements effectively, in a team based approach.
- Complete operation and maintenance reporting.
- Participate in development and training to meet customer and business needs.
You will be highly remunerated for this position, but you will need to be flexible on working away from home on a 12-9 roster.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For further information on this role contact Jason McBride 08 9212 2568 (Job reference 84641)