Senior Data Analyst
Location: Sydney - Flexible Options
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent Full-time Role | $167,004
- Grow and develop your career at a leading energy organisation
- Flexible working arrangements
Imagine a world where possibilities are widespread. Ausgrid is the forefront of the transitioned future. We are the leader in connecting communities easily to their energy supply choices, while striving for net zero. Are you ready to play your part in an evolving industry?
We are the largest distributor of electricity on Australia’s east coast, providing power to 1.8 million customers with over four million Australians relying on us every day. Our network is made up of substations, powerlines, underground cables and power poles, spanning 22,275 square kilometres throughout Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley.
Our vision is simple; for our communities to have the power in a resilient, affordable, net zero future.
Our primary focus is the safe management and operation of the electricity network. Day-to-day we are actively operating, maintaining, repairing and building our electricity network with a focus on safety and reliability. Our job is to make sure the network is ready for a future where renewables play a major role in the power mix.
We take pride in knowing that the work we collectively achieve today, will transform the world tomorrow. We value a culture of working and living safe, being customer focussed, commercially minded, collaborative, honest, accountable, and respectful. It is through our values that our employees grow and thrive in our business.
Our people are critical to our success. With this in mind we are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within our workplace by implementing ambitious gender equity targets. We want our business to reflect the voices of the communities we serve. Our diverse workforce has allowed Ausgrid to create a rich community with shared values and goals amongst our workforce.
To build our future, we are looking to enrich our internal talent with people from all genders, communities, and culturally diverse backgrounds.
Light up your career at Ausgrid.
Your role at Ausgrid
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Senior Data Analyst who will be responsible for providing data applications solutions to meet user requirements including maintenance, testing and 24x7 support via an on-call roster.
This exciting opportunity will provide the opportunity to support one or more different business areas including enterprise content management, business intelligence, business planning or data warehouses.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with proven experience in implementing projects and enhancements through all stages of the application development lifecycle.
The successful individual will also have proven experience supporting and maintaining data solutions, enterprise applications or data warehouses, with a focus on delivering customer value and driving efficiencies. Additionally, to be successful you will have:
- Degree qualification in IT, Business, or related discipline.
- Recognised analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong organisation, prioritisation and time management skills applied to managing projects.
- Established interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Systems.
- Proven experience with Data Modelling and PowerBI.
- Proven experience with Azure Data stack - Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse
- Proven experience with SAS Development
- Apache Spark knowledge is preferred but not mandatory
Why work for us?
We empower our teams to challenge the status quo, they own decisions that directly impact the transformation of our network to be safer, smarter, and more sustainable. In return, our employees enjoy an array of benefits including:
- Annual performance bonus incentive
- Skills retention all purpose allowance
- In line with our diverse workforce, we support flexibility in all its forms in line with business deliverables. This includes but not limited to condensed work weeks, part time working, job sharing, remote working, flexible hours, and time off in lieu
- Our gender-neutral parental leave is competitive and provides our employees with 16 weeks paid leave including superannuation payments
- We have in place mentoring circles for our women with senior male and female mentors
- We invest in our people’s development through secondments, Ausgrid onsite training and varied leadership opportunities
- We focus on the talents of our internal workforce. In the last year over 130 employees were promoted into new roles
- Our recognition program – Amped – recognises employee contributions, behaviours, and achievements through gift e-cards, quarterly and annual awards
- We have a generous study assistance program
- Our employees stick with us with a very low turnover of 3.9%
- We provide access to novated leasing for private use vehicles
- We support corporate social responsibility, enjoy paid community service leave
- We have developed and are executing our fourth Reconciliation Action Plan
- We have an Annual free flu vaccination program
- Corporate Health Discounts through NIB and Bupa!
- Health and Wellness Program provides employees access to gyms/pools across the east coast.
- The Ausgrid Staff Club membership gives you access to a range of discounted entertainment, social events and access to company owned holiday accommodation!
- In the unfortunate circumstances where it is needed, employees can access family and domestic violence leave
- Our Employee Assistance Provider - Converge International - provides a range of support services to our employees at no charge
Check out how you can light up your career at Ausgrid here!
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply addressing your suitability for the role via a cover letter and attach your resume.
Successful candidates will be notified regarding an interview.
Applications close: 7 October 2022, 11.55pm AEST.
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received
Please note – Unsolicited resumes/applications from agencies will not be accepted by Ausgrid
Ausgrid – An Equal Opportunity Employer