Engineer - Network Security
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent Full-time Role | $131,204 - $155,333 Base Salary | 15% Super
- Grow and develop your career at a leading energy organisation
- Based at our Wallsend Admin Building
Imagine a world where possibilities are widespread. Ausgrid is the forefront of the transitioned future. We are the leader in connecting communities easily to their energy supply choices, while striving for net zero. Are you ready to play your part in an evolving industry?
We are the largest distributor of electricity on Australia’s east coast, providing power to 1.8 million customers with over four million Australians relying on us every day. Our network is made up of substations, powerlines, underground cables and power poles, spanning 22,275 square kilometres throughout Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley.
Our vision is simple; for our communities to have the power in a resilient, affordable, net zero future.
Our primary focus is the safe management and operation of the electricity network. Day-to-day we are actively operating, maintaining, repairing and building our electricity network with a focus on safety and reliability. Our job is to make sure the network is ready for a future where renewables play a major role in the power mix.
We take pride in knowing that the work we collectively achieve today, will transform the world tomorrow. We value a culture of working and living safe, being customer focussed, commercially minded, collaborative, honest, accountable, and respectful. It is through our values that our employees grow and thrive in our business.
Our people are critical to our success. With this in mind we are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within our workplace by implementing ambitious gender equity targets. We want our business to reflect the voices of the communities we serve. Our diverse workforce has allowed Ausgrid to create a rich community with shared values and goals amongst our workforce.
To build our future, we are looking to enrich our internal talent with people from all genders, communities, and culturally diverse backgrounds.
Light up your career at Ausgrid.
Your role at Ausgrid
Is a safety-first culture important to you? At Ausgrid, safety is not just an initiative driven by leaders in the business, it is embedded in our core values. Our employees progress and develop their career in a safe environment.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Engineer – Network Security will have an essential role in supporting a safe, reliable, sustainable and affordable network for our customers. You will be responsible for utilising relevant systems and databases, including appropriately managing asset and network data and information.
As the Engineer – Network Security, you will be given an opportunity to elevate your career in a business that revolutionising the world of energy.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Effectively plan, review and authorise work to enable safe and efficient completion by field or other employees (including emergency work and planned work).
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, as appropriate to ensure safe and effective execution of work and appropriate service delivery outcomes.
- Interpret and apply engineering and technical related documents such as policies, standards and legislation.
- Undertake risk assessments to support engineering or operational decision making.
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise as well as improving processes to decrease the risk of an outage when organising planned work.
What we are looking for
You bring with proven experience and engineering expertise gained in a similar role within the electricity distribution or relevant industry. Our Engineer – Network Security will have previous experience in technical or specialist problem solving and the identification and implementation of solutions.
To be successful, you will have:
- Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent) giving entitlement to full membership of Engineers Australia.
- Class C drivers licence
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutes, regulations and procedures such as safe working practices, network standards and codes of practice.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking or managing multiple tasks and / or projects and prioritising activities.
- Sound understanding of Protection, Network Planning, risk analysis, system studies and investigations.
Why work for us?
We empower our teams to challenge the status quo, they own decisions that directly impact the transformation of our network to be safer, smarter, and more sustainable. In return, our employees enjoy an array of benefits including:
- Fortnightly Rostered day off (RDO)
- Employees enjoy 15% superannuation, which will increase to 15.5% in September 2023
- In line with our diverse workforce, we support flexibility in all its forms in line with business deliverables. This includes but not limited to condensed work weeks, part time working, job sharing, remote working, flexible hours, and time off in lieu
- Our gender-neutral parental leave is competitive and provides our employees with 16 weeks paid leave including superannuation payments
- We have in place mentoring circles for our women with senior male and female mentors
- We invest in our people’s development through secondments, Ausgrid onsite training and varied leadership opportunities
- We focus on the talents of our internal workforce. In the last year over 130 employees were promoted into new roles
- Our recognition program – Amped – recognises employee contributions, behaviours, and achievements through gift e-cards, quarterly and annual awards
- We have a generous study assistance program
- Our employees stick with us with a very low turnover of 3.9%
- Enjoy an annual employee day
- We provide access to novated leasing for private use vehicles
- We support corporate social responsibility, enjoy paid community service leave
- We have developed and are executing our fourth Reconciliation Action Plan
- We have an Annual free flu vaccination program
- Corporate Health Discounts through NIB and Bupa!
- Health and Wellness Program provides employees access to gyms/pools across the east coast.
- The Ausgrid Staff Club membership gives you access to a range of discounted entertainment, social events and access to company owned holiday accommodation!
- In the unfortunate circumstances where it is needed, employees can access family and domestic violence leave
- Our Employee Assistance Provider – Converge International - provides a range of support services to our employees at no charge
Check out how you can light up your career at Ausgrid here!
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply addressing your suitability for the role via a cover letter and attach your resume.
Successful candidates will be notified regarding an interview.
Applications close: 15 February 2023, 11.55pm AEST.
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received
Please note – Unsolicited resumes/applications from agencies will not be accepted by Ausgrid
Ausgrid – An Equal Opportunity Employer