Job Type: Full time
- Permanent Full-Time | $119,535 - $128,753 + 15% super + Fortnightly RDO
- Energise your future with a career with us!
- Based at our Homebush Location
Imagine a world where possibilities are widespread. Ausgrid is the forefront of the transitioned future. We are the leader in connecting communities easily to their energy supply choices, while striving for net zero. Are you ready to play your part in an evolving industry?
We are the largest distributor of electricity on Australia’s east coast, providing power to 1.8 million customers with over four million Australians relying on us every day. Our network is made up of substations, powerlines, underground cables and power poles, spanning 22,275 square kilometres throughout Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley.
Our vision is simple; for our communities to have the power in a resilient, affordable, net zero future.
Our primary focus is the safe management and operation of the electricity network. Day-to-day we are actively operating, maintaining, repairing and building our electricity network with a focus on safety and reliability. Our job is to make sure the network is ready for a future where renewables play a major role in the power mix.
We take pride in knowing that the work we collectively achieve today, will transform the world tomorrow. We value a culture of working and living safe, being customer focussed, commercially minded, collaborative, honest, accountable, and respectful. It is through our values that our employees grow and thrive in our business.
Our people are critical to our success. With this in mind we are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within our workplace by implementing ambitious gender equity targets. We want our business to reflect the voices of the communities we serve. Our diverse workforce has allowed Ausgrid to create a rich community with shared values and goals amongst our workforce.
To build our future, we are looking to enrich our internal talent with people from all genders, communities, and culturally diverse backgrounds.
Light up your career at Ausgrid.
Your role at Ausgrid
Is a safety-first culture important to you? At Ausgrid, safety is not just an initiative driven by leaders in the business, it is embedded in our core values. Our employees progress and develop their career in a safe environment.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the Engineering Officer will undertake engineering related or technical activities to support a safe, reliable, sustainable and affordable network for our customers. You will have an essential role in managing projects or programs of work, across the overall life cycle, such as planning, design and delivery, or the end‐to‐end process as well as managing contractors to ensure required work is conducted safely and appropriately.
As the Engineering Officer, you will be given an opportunity to elevate your career in a business that is revolutionising the world of energy.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with field leadership teams and employees to enable the effective planning and allocation of resources.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, as appropriate to ensure safe and effective execution of work and appropriate service delivery outcomes.
- Customer engagement to interpret need and translate into technical/market compliant solutions.
- Planning work activities and monitoring throughout project lifecycle.
- Assisting a team of field staff in coordination of works including interaction with sub-contractors and customers alike.
What we are looking for
To be successful as the Engineering Officer, you will possess highly developed interpersonal skills to influence and negotiate as required. You will bring with you demonstrated experience in undertaking or managing multiple tasks and/or projects as well as having the ability to manage competing priorities to deliver results.
To be successful, you will have:
- Advanced Diploma in an electrical or relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated experience working within a team environment to effectively deliver projects or work outcomes within appropriate time frames and costs
- Proven experience in problem solving and the identification or implementation of solutions.
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutes, regulations and procedures such as safe working practices, network standards and codes of practice.
- Experience with Renewable Energy (desirable)
Why work for us?
We empower our teams to challenge the status quo, they own decisions that directly impact the transformation of our network to be safer, smarter, and more sustainable. In return, our employees enjoy an array of benefits including:
- Fortnightly Rostered day off (RDO)
- Employees enjoy 15% superannuation, which will increase to 15.5% in September 2023
- In line with our diverse workforce, we support flexibility in all its forms in line with business deliverables. This includes but not limited to condensed work weeks, part time working, job sharing, remote working, flexible hours, and time off in lieu
- Our gender-neutral parental leave is competitive and provides our employees with 16 weeks paid leave including superannuation payments
- We have in place mentoring circles for our women with senior male and female mentors
- We invest in our people’s development through secondments, Ausgrid onsite training and varied leadership opportunities
- We focus on the talents of our internal workforce. In the last year over 130 employees were promoted into new roles
- Our recognition program – Amped – recognises employee contributions, behaviours, and achievements through gift e-cards, quarterly and annual awards
- We have a generous study assistance program
- Our employees stick with us with a very low turnover of 3.9%
- Enjoy an annual employee day
- We provide access to novated leasing for private use vehicles
- We support corporate social responsibility, enjoy paid community service leave
- We have developed and are executing our fourth Reconciliation Action Plan
- We have an Annual free flu vaccination program
- Corporate Health Discounts through NIB and Bupa!
- Health and Wellness Program provides employees access to gyms/pools across the east coast.
- The Ausgrid Staff Club membership gives you access to a range of discounted entertainment, social events and access to company owned holiday accommodation!
- In the unfortunate circumstances where it is needed, employees can access family and domestic violence leave
- Our Employee Assistance Provider – Converge International - provides a range of support services to our employees at no charge
Check out how you can light up your career at Ausgrid here!
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply addressing your suitability for the role via a cover letter and attach your resume.
Successful candidates will be notified regarding an interview.
Applications close: 8 February 2023, 11.55pm AEST.
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received
Please note – Unsolicited resumes/applications from agencies will not be accepted by Ausgrid
Ausgrid – An Equal Opportunity Employer