Electrical Project Engineer
Job Type: Full time
If you have ever wanted to be part of the transformation of the energy sector in Australia and play a pivotal role to help our customers shift to renewables, then look no further.
About the Role
The Electrical Project Engineer role require Underground Cable experience and will report to the Senior Project Manager within the Assets and Digital Services Delivery team. We are looking for a Project Engineer who can ensure safe and quality delivery of large – scale complex infrastructure projects to the approved scope considering time and cost metrics while meeting the safety, customer and community, environmental and construction standards, and expectations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow the business portfolio and be part of the force that will shape our industry’s transition to a renewables future.
What you will deliver
- You will support the senior project manager in planning, forecasting, reporting and oversight of the delivery of power infrastructure projects focusing on transmission network infrastructure.
- Contributes to pre-contracts project development phase
- Manages engineering aspects and troubleshoots problems during the delivery of projects to derive efficient and effective solutions.
- Accountable for ensuring design compliance and quality assurance on technical deliverables of the projects
- Contributes to the assessment and management of project and network risks and opportunities
What we like about you
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Project Management qualification from AIPM/PMI, CPENG or working towards
- At a minimum, 5 years of Project Engineering experience in the delivery of multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects in a highly commercial environment is a must.
- Experience with Underground Cable project is a must
- High voltage power transmission knowledge and construction management experience
- Demonstrated success in delivering outstanding customer service and developing strong and positive relationships with the customers, colleagues, and peers.
- The incumbent will be required to frequently travel and have overnight stay at sites within Victoria/Interstate to manage progress of projects.
What we offer at AusNet:
- A diverse, inclusive and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- Flexible working options are fully supported
- A wide range of employee benefits such as competitive salary, salary sacrifice options and recognition
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities
- Plus, more!
We think outside the box:
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box. Sure, we have key requirements and they’re important, but we also know that the best candidate for the job may not have all the experience and expertise that we’ve listed for the role.
So, if you looked at our job ad and ruled it out because you didn’t check every box, but you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role maybe it’s time to reconsider. Tell us why you’re interested in working for AusNet, your career aspirations and how your diverse perspective, capability and experience will add value to our team. We’d love to hear from you.
If you have queries about the role before you apply, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role title you are enquiring about and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Or apply now to join our energised team - click ‘apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
As a company that provides energy services, AusNet and its employees need to comply with government health directions relating to the utility industry and its workers. If your application progresses and you have any questions relating to this please feel free to discuss with the Hiring Manager or TA Consultant.