Engineering Team Lead
Job Type: Full time
If you have ever wanted to be part of the transformation of the energy sector in Australia and play a pivotal role to help our customers shift to renewables, then look no further.
About the Role
An opportunity awaits for an Engineering Team Lead who will provide specialist engineering support and technical leadership within the Infrastructure team. They will coach and develop team members in quality, technical compliance, performance and value-for-money of all assets.
The Engineering Team Lead is responsible for leading responses to ad-hoc technical requests received from the infrastructure market and supports business development activities and client management with techno-commercial inputs. The leadership support function spans across activities such as scoping, estimating and responding to technical issues arising during the development of new opportunities and from the existing asset portfolio along with research into the deployment of emerging energy solutions.
The Engineering Team Lead is pivotal in the ongoing step change in commercial growth; the incumbent will leverage and manage AusNet Services’ core technical personnel as well as liaise with internal and external clients and delivery partners to ensure that all obligations under the governing contracts are met and that engineering outcomes are delivered on time and to budget.
What you will deliver
- Provide technical, commercial, asset management advice to support AusNet Services growth.
- Represent AusNet Services on technical matters with our clients and partners
- Evaluate options and make recommendations for complex technical problems requiring inventiveness to depart from or adapt accepted practices and procedures for which it is necessary to modify established guidelines and devise new approaches.
- Development of designs, scopes, specifications and other investment and project activities including review of work produced by others.
- Assess and manage risks associated with Infrastructure projects and ensure they are managed efficiently through either technical or commercial means.
- Lead in the development and maintenance of engineering standards, to ensure network compliance with legal, technical, regulatory and safety obligations is highly desirable
- Identify opportunities to introduce innovation and new technologies.
- Foster continuous improvement to work processes, procedures and quality
- Lead, coach and mentor personnel within the team sharing knowledge and experience to achieve team and divisional objectives.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in resource planning and identification of deficiencies in technical capability
What we like about you
- Degree in Engineering or tertiary qualification with preferably 10+ years’ experience in utilities with depth in design and asset management
- Demonstrated success in delivering projects to time and budget whilst maintaining outstanding customer service and positive customer relationships.
- Ability to effectively work independently, solve problems and demonstrate proactivity.
- A high level of organisational skills and demonstrated effectively handling multiple tasks, setting priorities, managing timeframes and meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer at AusNet:
- A diverse, inclusive and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- Flexible working options are fully supported, part-time or a job share arrangements will be considered to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as competitive salary, salary sacrifice options and recognition
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities
- Plus, more!
We think outside the box:
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box. Sure, we have key requirements and they’re important, but we also know that the best candidate for the job may not have all the experience and expertise that we’ve listed for the role.
So, if you looked at our job ad and ruled it out because you didn’t check every box, but you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role maybe it’s time to reconsider. Tell us why you’re interested in working for AusNet, your career aspirations and how your diverse perspective, capability and experience will add value to our team. We’d love to hear from you.
If you have queries about the role before you apply, please reach out to email@example.com stating the role title you are enquiring about and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Or apply now to join our energised team - click ‘apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
As a company that provides energy services, AusNet and its employees need to comply with government health directions relating to the utility industry and its workers. If your application progresses and you have any questions relating to this please feel free to discuss with the Hiring Manager or TA Consultant.