Project Engineer, Primary
Job Type: Full time
- Energy Leader > Sustainable future
- Provide Project engineering expertise on Customer & Company initiated projects
- Seeking technically savvy and commercially focussed Project Engineer
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role:
This exciting role is at the forefront of the energy transition, and it’s a chance for you to contribute to a better future for all.
As a Project Engineer, Primary, this role will see you developing front end engineering solutions for substations and lines projects across the Projects portfolio. You will work with internal stakeholders, and Design and Installation Service Providers to ensure projects are delivered in a cost-efficient way and to high standards of quality.
You will be working not just to develop our network but also to enable many new renewable energy generation connections, including wind, solar and battery.
This role supports Engineering Solutions to deliver designs associated with company initiated capital projects and external customer-initiated energy connections.
The role will report to the Group Leader - Project Development, within our high performing Engineering Solutions team, with a base location at Southbank, Victoria. We support flexible working practices in a truly hybrid workplace, so we’re happy to discuss what this might look like for you.
What you will deliver:
- Review technical requirements on customer and company-initiated enquiries
- Development of technical project scopes for AusNet initiated network augmentation projects, as well as Distribution and Transmission embedded generation connections. This includes assessing technical risks/constraints, and ensuring individual discipline requirements are coordinated with relevant stakeholders within AusNet Services (For example, System Planning, Stations Primary/ Secondary, Communication, Environmental, Community Engagement/ Customer Teams, Standards)
- Provide engineering input into commercial customer offers
- Produce required technical deliverables to the required quality, meeting all current standards
- Provide technical input into the staging, constructability, operability, and maintainability (COM) of projects
- Provide clear understanding of the Stations Design Manual including lines and station requirements and relevant Australian Standards such as AS2067
- Contribute to continuous improvement of work processes, specifications, standards, procedures, and project quality
What we like about you:
- Primary substation design experience, having worked on Zone-Substation/Terminal station augmentation projects
- Experience across engineering and construction projects with the business acumen and ability to meet engineering design excellence
- Technical knowledge and experience in electricity networks engineering, with Primary plant
- Understanding of project lifecycles and application of engineering principals
- Proven industry, infrastructure design and construction knowledge
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical/Civil/Structural Engineering or similar
- Experience working in substation engineering, project delivery and/or design role
What we offer at AusNet:
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- Flexible working options are fully supported, part-time or a job share arrangements will be considered to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as competitive salary, salary sacrifice options and recognition
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities
- Plus, more!
We think outside the box:
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box. Sure, we have key requirements and they’re important, but we also know that the best candidate for the job may not have all the experience and expertise that we’ve listed for the role yet. So, if you’ve looked at our job ad and ruled it out because you didn’t check every box, but you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role maybe it’s time to reconsider. Tell us why you’re interested in working for AusNet, your career aspirations and what your diverse perspective, capability and experience will bring to our team.
If you have queries about the role before you apply, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role title you are enquiring about and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Apply now to join our energised team - click ‘apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter by 1 December 2022.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
As a company that provides energy services, AusNet and its employees need to comply with government health directions relating to the utility industry and its workers. If your application progresses and you have any questions relating to this please feel free to discuss with the Hiring Manager or TA Consultant.