Senior Communications Advisor
Job Type: Full time
- Play a pivotal role with your Communication background that’s securing Victoria’s energy future
- High Profile Projects including Western Renewables Link
- Supportive and dynamic team culture
About the Role
Western Victoria is emerging as an important renewable energy-generation region. The current energy network needs upgrading to share this renewable energy with all Victorians. Our project will add a new link to the network making this possible. AusNet is actively contributing to the renewable generation connections in Victoria and other states. We have a pipeline of major energy infrastructure projects, including the Western Victoria Transmission Network Project (WVTNP)
As the Senior Communications Advisor, you will be responsible for ensuring Western Victoria’s Transmission Network project has the benefit of high quality communications, media and government relations project materials, plans and delivery to meet the projects objectives.
This role will report to the Project Communications Manager with a base location at Southbank, Victoria. We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
Occasional travel to regional Victoria is required for this role.
What you will deliver
- Implementation of project communications plans in line with relevant communication and engagement strategies.
- Assist in managing campaigns for traditional and social media.
- Provide support in ensuring project messaging is integrated across all project streams.
- Support proactive media relations at local and regional levels by building and maintaining relationships.
- Develop community friendly content and managing an agency on website design for the project website and virtual engagement room. This will include video content creation.
- Shared responsibility in building and maintaining project presence on Facebook.
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns across digital and traditional platforms to support stakeholder engagement activities.
- Develop and manage the distribution of electronic direct mail outs for project milestones and updates.
- Shared duties on maintaining back-end updates for the project website and virtual engagement room.
- Shared duties across the team to support project internal communication initiatives such as the daily media round up and fortnightly newsletter.
What we like about you
- Extensive background in Communications, Media Management or Public Relations
- Relevant experience in infrastructure and/or energy projects
- Relevant experience in project communications
- Excellent writing skills for communications collateral
- Excellent content creation skills for traditional and digital media
- Demonstrate that you have worked within a unique major project delivery environment that is rich in issues and opportunities and requires agile and responsive communications
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBQTIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team