Job Type: Full time
- Energy Leader > Sustainable future> Be a part of making a sustainable future
- Delivery of Large Scale Complex Infrastructure Projects
- Electrical Project Engineer > Assets and Digital Services Delivery
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
At Mondo, we see a bright future
There have never been more options for how we use electricity, water, gas, and transport.
We help businesses and communities make sense of what’s possible, then plan and deliver solutions to keep everyone ahead of the rapidly changing landscape.
From connecting Australia’s largest wind farms to the grid, to helping maintain water and gas networks or assisting regional communities to achieve their energy goals, we improve the way things flow today, then seek ways to do this even better tomorrow.
Because when we can help make sense of what’s possible, we think you’ll get excited about the future too.
About the Role
As the Project Engineer you will be ensuring safe and quality delivery of large-scale complex infrastructure projects to the approved scope, considering time and cost metrics while meeting the safety, customer and community, environmental and construction standards, and expectations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow the business portfolio and be part of the force that will shape our industry’s transition to a renewables future.
This role will report to the Senior Project Manager and is located at Southbank, Victoria.
We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
What you will deliver
- Actively supports the senior project manager in planning, forecasting, reporting and oversight of the delivery of power infrastructure projects focusing on transmission network infrastructure.
- Contributes to pre-contracts project development phase including interpreting the needs, expectations and limitations of customers’ and stakeholders’ requirements to produce commercially competitive proposals and fit-for-purpose technical solutions.
- Manages engineering aspects and troubleshoots problems during the delivery of projects to derive efficient and effective solutions.
- Contributes to the assessment and management of project and network risks and opportunities, including ensuring project constructability, operability, and maintainability with the aim to improving overall project delivery safety and productivity performance.
- Accountable for ensuring design compliance and quality assurance on technical deliverables of the projects including ensuring safe work procedures are practiced throughout delivery of projects.
- Provision of insights into value engineering and lessons assessment workshops in support of the continuous improvement of project management and engineering processes to improve overall service offering to our customers.
What we like about you
- Extensive experience in project delivery of multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects in a highly commercial environment
- Previous experience with substation construction projects will be highly regarded.
- A strong understanding of High Voltage Power Transmission knowledge and construction management
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Civil)
- Professional Project Management qualification from AIPM/PMI, CPENG or working towards
- Australia/Victorian Driver’s License & Construction White Card
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Kinaway and Supply Nation to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBQTIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team