Job Type: Full time
- Diverse Executive Support role in a highly commercial yet down to earth business
- Act as eyes and ears for leadership team > Relationship management and influence
- Collaborative and Agile > Inclusive and Diverse > Flexible Work Environment
We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role
Partnering with the Executive General Manager of a core function of AusNet, the Executive Assistant will play a critical role enabling effectiveness and impact by delivering strategic executive support and business administration.
This is a diverse role ranging from sensitive and complex support through to meeting room coordination and would suit an exception Executive Assistant with a natural ability to understand and anticipate the needs of the Executive General Manager and to effectively support and manage conflicting demands/schedule of an EGM.
This role will act as the key representative and conduit between the office of Executive General Manager and the business providing one-on-one support with business matters, as well as a continuous improvement mindset and business acumen to effectively support the Executive function are critical for success in this role.
This role will report to the EGM, Finance and Governance with a functional connection to the wider Executive Support group and is based at Southbank, Victoria.
We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
What you will deliver
- Providing expertise and continuous improvement to the Executive Support function to the CFO
- Partner with the Company Secretary function and wider CFO-leadership team in the coordination and management of Board/Committee meetings and various reports, papers, and communication.
- Attending board meetings and representing the EGM to internal and external executives
- Assist with and lead special projects as needed, including team engagement initiatives for the business unit
- Apply logic and judgement to influence outcomes and initiate required actions, particularly with
- regards to ensuring EGM responsibilities are delivered in a timely manner
- Keep the Executive General Manager advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring
- appropriate follow-up and actively influence effective decision making
- Plan and organise events such as corporate events, meetings, conferences, training events, speaking engagements, etc., including preparing all information, taking notes, etc.
- Coordinate executive communications, including drafting correspondence and other forms of communications for all stakeholders
- Collate, prepare, review and/or format internal documents, including papers, reports, dashboards, and presentations.
- Manage travel, accommodation, expenses, and other administrative tasks for executive and wider team when required
- Manage calendar and emails, including diary commitments and meeting schedules, responding to emails promptly and liaising with stakeholders in a professional manner
What we like about you
- Extensive experience as a trusted Executive Assistant role supporting executives in complex organisations with the ability to represent the business at a strategic level.
- Well versed in commercial financial and legal concepts at an operational level to effectively support the function at an executive level
- Strong organisational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multitasking abilities
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software, experience using SAP considered favorably.
- Strength with technology to schedule, run/manage and keep records of digital meetings and presentations (particularly MS Outlook and MS Teams)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, and build relationships with diverse stakeholders
- A continuous improvement mindset and business acumen to effectively support the Executive function
- You think outside the box and can effectively navigate through ambiguity
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBQTIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team