Manager, Technology Risk
Job Type: Full time
- We make a difference, delivering outcomes for our millions of members
- A values led, inclusive work environment
- Exciting growth, coupled with support to help you develop your career
At AustralianSuper, we truly care about our colleagues. We know work and life are intertwined. That's why we support the diverse needs of everyone and have policies that enable us all to thrive and be truly flexible. We ensure diversity is celebrated for the opportunity it provides us all to learn and grow, and ultimately to deliver better outcomes for members.
Your new role
The Manager Risk and Compliance is a key member of AustralianSuper's Technology Risk and Compliance team. The team establishes engagement across Fund areas to maintain appropriate, best practice compliance and risk policies, frameworks, and processes. This is to ensure compliance with our technology mandates and regulatory obligations are well managed and will be a significant contributor in driving a high performing team to support delivery of these goals. They are also responsible for role modelling and driving a risk culture across the Technology department and with key stakeholders, including the execution of risk, compliance and engagement across multiples teams and programs. The position will hold and be seen as a trusted SME advisor across multiple disciplines and participants. Key accountabilities will include;
- Support the Senior Manager, Technology Risk Management to ensure that risk is managed in accordance with the risk management framework and appetite
- Provide guidance to other team members and input into risk process improvement
- Provide oversight and advice to stakeholders on technical and risk and compliance matters
- Ensure relevant legislative and organisational requirements are understood and met
- Provide input into the design of good practice controls in areas such as cloud, security and SDLC methodologies
What you'll need
This role requires strong influencing and collaboration skills, as the successful candidate will work in partnership with functions across the Technology department and other technology groups across the Fund to achieve the desired outcomes. In addition, you will bring;
- Deep experience in IT management and/or risk management, ideally within Financial Services, Investment Management and / or Superannuation
- Experience with (GRC) Governance, risk management and compliance tools such as Archer
- Experience with risk considerations across a range of security domains and technologies including cloud, data protection, identity and access management, vulnerability management, encryption endpoints, network, and perimeter controls
- Hands on experience with at least one of; CPS234, Cloud, Technology Operations, Security or Systems Development Lifecycle methodologies and controls
- Broad skills and experience across risk management
- Strong understanding of compliance regulations
- In-depth knowledge of risk and compliance frameworks
- Highly developed communication/presentation skills
- Strong reporting, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or Finance/Commerce related fields
Life at AustralianSuper
AustralianSuper is committed to colleague development, and we support our people with ongoing learning, coaching and training, as well as career opportunities across our expanding global organisation. We offer generous leave entitlements and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results. Applications close Wednesday 7 December 23:59 AEDT.
Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status is required.
Progress, powered by purpose.