Regulatory Response Manager
Job Type: Full time
- We make a difference, delivering outcomes for our millions of members
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- The role can be based in any Australian capital city
At AustralianSuper, we genuinely care about our colleagues. We know work and life are intertwined. That's why we support the diverse needs of everyone and have policies that enable us all to thrive and be truly flexible. We ensure diversity is celebrated for the opportunity it provides us all to learn, grow, and ultimately deliver better outcomes for members.
Your new role
Australia's $2.7 trillion superannuation industry faces a shifting landscape influenced by increased regulatory pressures, disruptive technologies, demographics, and ever-changing member expectations. It is critical that we understand and address these forces of change and are also able to adapt at a faster pace to respond to new challenges and capitalise on new opportunities.
This position will engage directly with senior stakeholders to support them in their engagements with regulators. The role will work with Member, Fund Services and Group Risk colleagues to support collating responses to regulatory requests, including drafting and reviewing letters and reports. The Manager will need to provide oversight and constructive challenge of responses to regulator requests by working closely with the business to understand and interpret regulatory expectations. The role will also need to monitor the completion of agreed action items resulting from regulatory engagements and provide support to colleagues to enable them to respond to action items in line with regulatory expectations. This role requires significant influence, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills. The successful candidate will partner with senior stakeholders, other line 1 teams and Group Risk across AustralianSuper to achieve the desired outcomes.
As a successful manager, you will motivate and inspire people by demonstrating a commitment to the Fund's values, decision pillars and leadership principles, ensuring our Members First culture is consistently and firmly embedded across the function.
What you'll need
- 7+ years' experience in a risk, compliance and/or governance.
- Strong knowledge of the financial services sector, and related laws and regulations.
- Strong understanding of risk management issues.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work closely with senior stakeholders to drive exceptional business outcomes.
- Ability to influence and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Enquiring, curious, challenging, and continuous improvement mindset.
- Well-developed ability to coordinate tasks, set priorities and operate independently.
- Well-developed analytical and research skills, organisational skills, and high attention to detail.
Life at AustralianSuper
AustralianSuper is committed to colleague development, and we support our people with ongoing learning, coaching and training, as well as career opportunities across our expanding global organisation. We offer generous leave entitlements and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status is required.
Progress, powered by purpose.