Senior Data Modeler
Job Type: Contract/temp
- We make a difference, delivering outcomes for millions of members
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- 12-month max-term contract position
Reach your career potential with AustralianSuper. AustralianSuper has a single-minded ambition: to help members achieve their best financial position in retirement. It shapes every decision we make and action we take. And this singular ambition drives us to excellence, working and growing together so you can achieve your potential. Together, we're powered by purpose.
AustralianSuper offers leading flexible work policies, a wealth of career development opportunities and a unique culture. Join our team and grow your career as we strive collectively towards our 2030 vision to be the leading super fund in the world's best system for members.
Your new role
We are seeking a Senior Data Modeler to join our Data and Analytics team, to be responsible for assisting in advancing the Azure Data Warehouse value delivery for the Fund and formulate business and information requirements into conceptual and physical Data Models. Key responsibilities will include;
- Support projects and initiatives with SME consulting, data modelling services
- Create and contribute to conceptual, logical and physical data models to support the continued use case delivery of data related programs
- Mature the Fund's physical Data model on our strategic Data platform, ensuring we align to industry related Data modelling approaches i.e., Kimball
- Collate and Manage Data Model Documentation ensuring our advance modelling repositories exist
- Provide day to day coaching and SME advise to peers and other stakeholder on data management techniques, methodologies, and technologies
- Assist projects with Data Engineering associated scope, planning, resourcing, scheduling, and costing
- Represent the Technology Data and Analytics team in Fund wide data initiatives and the roll-out of Fund wide data capabilities
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Provide governance over vendor outcomes and associated deliverables
- Actively engage with the wider Engineering Practice to assist in uplifting overall capability, create a sense of community, drive continuous improvement
What you'll need
The successful candidate will exhibit a strong member-centric mindset, have proven engineering capability and governance expertise (including commercial management), have breadth of experience across different deliver techniques and be passionate about continuously learning. In addition, you will bring;
- Experience working in complex enterprise environments
- Exposure to cloud-based PaaS services used in data engineering specialising in Azure services
- Proven DevOps experience inclusive of creating CI/CD/CT pipelines for data engineering and analytics
- Strong data modelling skills with 3-5+ years of experience designing and implementing data models in Big Data/Data Lake or cloud-based Data Warehouse environments
- Demonstrated practical experience of Data Vault 2 or Kimball data modelling and implementation
- Experience in applying industry best practices, design patterns and first-of-a-kind technical solutions as developer or administrator on data and non-data specific platforms and applications
- Experience with database, data pipeline and workflow management tools: (eg. Synapse Analytics, Azure ADF, DevOps & Jira)
- Demonstrated understanding of data architectures, modern data platforms, big data, ML/AI, analytics, cloud platforms, data governance and information management and associated technologies
- Ability to rapidly understand business requirements and map them into logical and physical data models
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
Life at AustralianSuper
AustralianSuper is committed to colleague development, and we support our colleagues with ongoing learning, coaching and training, as well as career opportunities across our expanding global organisation. We offer generous leave entitlements and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status is required.
Progress, powered by purpose.