Senior Business Analyst
Job Type: Contract/temp
- We make a difference, delivering outcomes for millions of members
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- 12-month max-term contract opportunity
Reach your career potential with AustralianSuper. AustralianSuper has a single-minded ambition: to help members achieve their best financial position in retirement. It shapes every decision we make and action we take. And this singular ambition drives us to excellence, working and growing together so you can achieve your potential. Together, we're powered by purpose.
AustralianSuper offers leading flexible work policies, a wealth of career development opportunities and a unique culture. Join our team and grow your career as we strive collectively towards our 2030 vision to be the leading super fund in the world's best system for members.
Your new role
The Senior Business Analyst will support the delivery of projects run by the Strategic Delivery Office (SDO) by critically analysing current state business solutions across people, process and technology dimensions, to identify; design; prepare; and implement enhancements. This will mean engaging with internal and external stakeholders, vendors and suppliers as well as working collaboratively with project team members and business users to assist with on-boarding new business solutions and/or enhancing existing business solutions, in order to evolve the Groups' platforms, services & capabilities that underpin the broader operating model. Key responsibilities will include;
- Support successful delivery of defined project outcomes
- Undertake critical analysis of current state solutions to identify and document root causes of problems, whilst developing considerations for future state solutions
- Assist with the design and implementation of a future state target operating model that will include rollout of people, process, system and data-related capabilities for Investments & Investment Operations functions
- Lead the definition and undertake documentation of business requirements for new initiatives to existing platforms and services and/or new capabilities required
- Understand and, where required, redesign investment and operational data requirements to resolve data, reporting and analysis issues
- Responsible for the documentation of business process and service design improvements or new capabilities in order to develop and implement components of the Groups' platforms and service operating model
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops to support requirements elicitation, issue identification, solution design, decision making
- Apply relevant BA methodologies in business process & solution design, as set out by the BA Practice to support the project
- Collaborate with the Team's technology functions to ensure that:
- Testing of any new initiatives is leading practice
- New Business Process & Service Solutions are fit for purpose
- Business Process Architectures supporting new capabilities are suitable & remain optimal
- Support the Project Manager and shared service functions within AustralianSuper and key external service providers
What you'll need
- 5+ years' experience as a Senior Business Analyst with exposure to the full project life cycle (i.e. design, build, test, implement)
- Experience working in Investments related projects, Asset Management and data models
- Demonstrated experience in Superannuation and/or Markets-related products
- Ability and experience in E2E requirements management lifecycle
- Proven facilitation skills and capability to manage group dynamics that lead to the negotiation of successful outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in agile, waterfall and hybrid delivery methodologies
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams in a project environment
- Good knowledge of, or a strong interest in learning about financial instruments (equities, bonds, swaps, loans, unlisted assets) and their associated investment data
- Demonstrated ability in process modelling techniques and services in Investments (i.e. defining, designing, implementing & supporting services and processes)
- Experience in target operating model-related projects in the financial services sector, preferably within a Wealth / Investment / Asset management
- Any previous Order / Portfolio Management System integration experience is advantageous
- BRS Aladdin system exposure highly regarded
Life at AustralianSuper
AustralianSuper is committed to colleague development, and we support our colleagues with ongoing learning, coaching and training, as well as career opportunities across our expanding global organisation. We offer generous leave entitlements and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status is required.
Progress, powered by purpose.