Microsoft Academy - Power Apps Developer
Location: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
The Avanade Microsoft Power Apps Academy
- Ready for an exciting career change?
- Do you get excited about new innovative technology solutions?
- Are you naturally consultative when solving problems?
- Launch your consulting career with Avanade!
About the opportunity
Our Avanade Australia Academies accelerate our growth by ensuring we have a vehicle to continuously develop and acquire talent with skills on the Microsoft platform by bringing new candidates into the pool.
We have identified in-demand skills and bring together Academy cohorts across Australia to be trained and developed to fill essential roles within our business, working across numerous client projects.
Following your successful completion of a 4-week training Academy, you will work as part of a fusion team and build apps to meet the needs of clients and support them to modernise. You will join our modern engineering hub and help us deliver engineering excellence to the region. This hub will use provide a squad-based delivery model from the ground up to deliver rapid and frequent value to our clients.
What you’ll love doing
As Microsoft Power Apps Developer, you will utilise your technical skills and Power Apps knowledge to design solutions built on the Power Platform. You will work alongside business analysts, user experience designers and experienced software developers to deliver visually appealing, responsive mobile and browser applications.
You will connect applications to modern data platforms including Dataverse, Dynamics 365, using new and existing connectors. You will on leverage your training and experience to design and implement solutions in medium to large enterprises.
You will also join Avanade’s Power Apps and Dynamics 365 community, learning from experts across the globe covering bleeding edge topics through community and internal events.
Who you’ll enjoy working with
As part of the CRM Talent Community, you’ll love the fun, connected and supportive culture. Led by James Battams who has an approachable, compassionate and honest leadership style and is all about building connections within the team to solve new problems.
What skills are we’re interested in you having
- Previous experience in a professional working environment
- .NET/C# development experience
- Database experience including SQL, SSIS, SSRS Report Writing
- Programming Java, Python, C/C++
- Prior experience with Power Platform solutions is desirable but not necessary
- Critical thinker, resourceful, problem solver who has a passion for technology to make a genuine human impact in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently
- Work experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or Platform as a Service (PaaS) environments is highly regarded
- All candidates must undertake a Microsoft PL-900, MB-910 or AZ-900 exam prior to joining Avanade, once employment is confirmed. More information will be communicated in the interview process regarding this.
We don’t expect you tick every box. What’s important is that you help us to understand what your core strengths are and, that you’ll be excited to learn and develop in areas if you need to. This role is aimed at those with some technical background who want to cross-skill into Microsoft Business Applications technology.
Please note: All applicants must be Australian Citizens to be eligible for the role, due to client requirements. The Academy is due to start on Wednesday 1st February 2023. Candidate must be able to start on this date to be considered and be able to complete the entire Academy training program to be successful in passing probation.
What you can expect from us
- Where you start, isn’t where you end up – there’s plenty of opportunities to develop, progress and as part of a global consultancy you can even take your career to over 26 countries
- Take full advantage of 5 MyDays off a year to relax, rebalance and focus on your health and wellbeing or honour your personal cultural beliefs
- Go ahead and swap out an Australian public holiday for a My Cultural Day holiday or event
- Your wellbeing matters to us. That’s why you’ll receive $2,000 pa to help you, take care of you