Talent Acquisition Specialists
Location: Oaks Estate
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- We are expanding our team! Exciting full time permanent opportunities for talented and passionate Talent Acquisition Specialists are now available
- Enjoy flexibility in the form of hybrid working and a rostered day off each fortnight, a fabulous team culture and an environment that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. To ensure we are set up to continue to deliver successful outcomes to the business in 2023, we are expanding our team and have multiple opportunities available for Talent Acquisition Specialists to join our geographically dispersed team. Ideally, these roles will be based out of Sydney, Newcastle or Perth.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist supporting our engineering or professional services stakeholders, you will provide advice and guidance on internal and external talent acquisition across the business. You will assist line managers, employees and external candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders in order to understand resourcing profiles and subsequently plan for and deliver against the recruitment needs
- Develop and execute recruitment campaigns for relevant talent
- Identify talent communities, learn how to engage with them successfully and ultimately attract them to work at BAE Systems
- Develop solid pipelines of talent and proactively keep them engaged
- Provide exceptional candidate care by providing timely updates and feedback throughout the recruitment process
- Assist in the selection of the most appropriate applicants by participating in and applying consistent screening, interviewing and selection processes
- Ensure interview and selection panel members are familiar with recruitment processes, coach where necessary and ensure that processes are applied in a fair and equitable manner
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on best practice recruitment and processes
- Conduct necessary candidate background and pre-employment checks
- Represent BAE Systems at careers events, exhibitions, functions etc, as required
- Uphold the BAE Systems brand through positive and timely interactions with candidates and talent communities
- Contribute to process development, continuous improvement and team projects
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in previous talent acquisition related roles gained in an in-house recruitment team or through an agency
- Experience recruiting across a number of different disciplines including: engineering, project management and professional services
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, influence and negotiate as required
- Sound knowledge of employment processes and legislative requirements
- Professional and creative writing skills
- Customer service/ stakeholder management focused with the ability to build and maintain trusting and enduring relationships
- Excellent time management skills and a true sense of urgency coupled with an ability to multi task and manage conflicting priorities
- A high level of personal drive and determination with the ability to work autonomously but also collaboratively within a team environment
If you're an engineer looking for a change, maybe talent acquisition is an option worth exploring
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek - Team Lead Talent Acquisition, Engineering and Trades or Leah Golias - Team Lead Talent Acquisition, Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Leah.email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au