Estimating & Pricing Officer
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Be part of the well-established and long term Anzac Class Frigates Program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new opportunity as an Estimating & Pricing Officer based in Melbourne.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Due to an internal movement, we are looking for an Estimating & Pricing Officer to join the team and be part of the well-established Estimating and Pricing team, primarily working with the ANZAC Class Frigate Program for our Maritime Sustainment line of business. As the successful candidate, you will ensure that the business has the right controls and processes around estimating for new business as well as budgeting for existing work. You will also be responsible for supporting the management of Estimating & Pricing (E&P) activities which include strategic pricing, estimating, cost modelling, planning, formulation, review and analysis of cost estimates.
This opportunity will see you:
- Support the delivery of bids and proposals as directed by the Line Manager
- Work collaboratively with E&P Leadership and the Bid Team to support delivery of accurate value for money proposals to the Commonwealth of Australia (CoA) and other customers as directed
- Ensure proposals adhere to BAE Systems Australia E&P Processes and Procedures
- Ensure pricing tool (ProPricer/Excel) preparation & maintenance throughout each bid complies with E&P Standards and the direction of your Line Manager
- Provide support to subject matter experts (SMEs) through each stage of the Bid including Basis of Estimate (BoE) construction where needed, management and compilation of the consolidation of BoEs and cost analysis as directed by the line manager or Bid Team representatives
- Assist the Bid Team with the preparation of Phase Review data, RBA data and inputs to the Customer Pricing tables
- Ensure pricing adheres to Commonwealth Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) Cost Principles and Profit Principles
- Provide support by identifying and contributing to E&P process improvement initiatives as directed
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in Data Analysis
- Demonstrated experience in Estimating & Pricing
- Tertiary Qualifications, trade or equivalent experience in business related discipline
- Professional credential with either the Association of Cost Engineers (ACostE) or International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA)
- The ability to obtain or currently hold a Baseline clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris – Talent Acquisition Specialist-Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: [email protected]
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.