Finance ERP Technical Consultant
Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Finance ERP Technical Consultant who will be predominantly responsible for leading a team of systems subject matter experts who ensure the delivery and management of our central finance systems. As we have a national presence this role can be based from our Melbourne or South Australian corporate headquarters.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager Capability more specifically, you will be accountable for the following core activities:
- Working with finance stakeholders and other functional leads, effectively deliver planned systems improvements and upgrades, including roll out of further Oracle modules. This includes development and managing of project schedules and plans.
- Operating as point of contact for other functions seeking to implement or update their systems that interface with any finance systems, in order to ensure seamless interfacing of finance and other related systems.
- Working closely with the ERP team in the IM&T department to ensure any improvements/developments are fit for purpose and meet with needs of the organisation, from a Finance function perspective.
- Develop business cases for future improvements or upgrades to ensure activities are appropriately prioritised and funded.
- Working closely with the Transaction Support Lead to ensure systems and processes are supporting the requirements of the shared services and broader finance teams.
- Working with the reporting teams to ensure data requirements and reporting requirements are considered, and systems effectively support accurate and timely reporting.
- Actively challenge current work standards and processes to identify areas where finance systems can be further utilised to improve the control environment, efficiency and effectiveness of the finance and reporting process, and work with functional leads to develop the solutions and plans to give effect to these improvement opportunities.
- Development and management of the plan and schedule for systems upgrades and improvements.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in business systems, with Oracle. Hyperion experience is not essential however beneficial.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside their immediate team, to implement business requirements.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to ensure project delivery and effective ongoing support for finance systems.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management.
- Ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences.
- Ability to assess the finance systems impact of proposed changes and improvements in internal process, and to develop and promote solutions to address areas of concern.
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris & Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Lidia.Morris@baesystems.com.au
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits