Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an opportunity for a People Advisor, ideally based at our Edinburgh or Adelaide CBD Offices.
You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a People Advisor in our shared services hub you will support and deliver a range of activities on behalf of the People Function. This role will provide first line support and human resource advice to managers and employees with a service delivery focus on all people-related touchpoints across the Employee Lifecycle.
This opportunity will see you:
- Play a key role in the People Function's operating model through supporting People Business Partners (HRBP's) Talent and Capability teams in the delivery of the Function's strategic priorities.
- Support our leaders and employees through our dedicated People phone support and manage service tickets across the employee life cycle.
- Create and distribute documentation (contracts & letters) at various stages of the employee life cycle.
- Optimise the performance of the People Function through acting as the frontline advisors to line managers and employees on all People-related matters.
- Support employees and leaders in the implementation of cyclical core People activities on an annual basis across the Employee Lifecycle.
- Work in conjunction with the broader People team to support learning, leadership and employee experience (including diversity and inclusion) across the enterprise through the delivery of presentations, training and engagement programs.
- Provide front line support to employees and leaders across the Employee Lifecycle, including supporting all matters from on-boarding service delivery (including training delivery) through to re-deployment and exit.
- Participate and contribute to continuous process improvement projects.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- Excellent administrative skills including proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- A high level of customer service and experience in a customer facing environment.
- Experience in delivering quality customer service to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to prioritise and manage conflicting priorities.
- Previous experience of relocation/mobility processes and procedures would be highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of employee legislation, controls and compliance required in a human resource advisory environment would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a call/contact centre environment.
- A tertiary qualifications (or currently studying towards qualifications) in a business or human resources related discipline.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance maybe required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au