Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a System Engineer within the Battlespace Integrated Solutions project. This role can be based in Canberra, Adelaide or Sydney.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The incumbent will work with the other project design (software, hardware, mechanical, etc) and support teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach is taken with respect to the project engineering development and verification activities. Working as a part of the Intelligence Reconnaissance and Surveillance line of business, we are seeking a systems engineer to work on a range of applications on defence systems across Australia.
In particular, this role will see you:
- Support on additional complex project planning including engineering lifecycle elements of bid responses and client engagement
- Undertake engineering work under a system lifecycle management framework and in accordance with the customer mandated technical regulatory framework
- Undertake analysis and design of ICT/ network/ communications systems, generally using off the shelf equipment
- Implement a range of ICT system solutions supporting third-party applications in Windows and Unix
- Work on a range of infrastructure and application ICT technologies
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within the Engineering discipline with a minimum of 1 year experience in the Technical Development and Systems Design of engineering projects
- Substantial demonstrated experience in systems or ICT engineering.
- Experience with systems engineering and all stages of the engineering lifecycle
- Ability to use and adapt high-level written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences
- A degree qualification in Systems Engineering, ICT Engineering or related fields is essential.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley Schulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.Schulz@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au