Asset Management Strategic Lead
Job Type: Full time
Asset Management Strategic Lead
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Lead teams of engineers contributing to key ANZAC Class fleet upgrades
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Asset Management Strategic Lead within our Maritime Sustainment program based in Rockingham, WA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
This is a key role within our Maritime Sustainment program, supporting the Royal Australian Navy's ANZAC Class frigates in ongoing upgrades and achieving outstanding results in the delivery of materially seaworthy warships and support systems.
You will be responsible for maturing the Asset Management approach in line with improvement activities determined for the remainder of the WAMA contract. At a high-level this can be summarised as consulting with stakeholders from across the Enterprise to ensure leadership commitment, alignment of Alliance activities to contract objectives; and ensuring a feasible approach is detailed and enabled by the correct people, process and tools. A great opportunity to work with and influence customer and industry stakeholders and to make a meaningful contribution at BAE Systems Australia.
Reporting to the Program Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain Asset Management objectives that are derived from contractual requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to develop an approach to achieving these objectives and a RACI that specifies the required Enterprise involvement.
- Enable this approach by working with stakeholders to identify the required development of people, process and tools.
- Bring together the work of the Asset Optimisation Leads in Platform and Combat to present a balanced view of cost, risk and performance that enables capability decisions.
- Work with CoA stakeholders to understand the developing guidance with respect to Asset Management and the Future Maritime Sustainment Model; subsequently work with Enterprise IPTs to transition to this way of working during the remainder of the WAMA contract.
- Promote and act as a role model for a performance driven and cohesive Alliance culture delivering value for money outcomes for Navy.
- Liaise with the BAE central engineering function to gain the required support for this role and to align practices with complementary programs.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Working knowledge and application of an Asset Management approach for example in a maintenance/sustainment enterprise e.g. maritime, aerospace, transport, utilities, mining and oil & gas.
- Tertiary qualification in either engineering, manufacturing, technology, business or project management.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au