Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Bring your Quality Engineering experience to this key role and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Quality Technician within our Red Ochre Labs Business Unit based in SA-Edinburgh Parks.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Red Ochre LABS is a hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia, bringing together our most talented engineers across Australia to pioneer advanced technology and future-altering solutions.
As the Quality Technician you will work as part of a team delivering a broad range of planned quality activities designed to provide assurance to management that quality practices are being effectively deployed across the project and line of business.
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will:
- Contribute to the quality policy, strategy, objectives and processes in your day to day work
- Ensure data and information is accurate, current and timely
- Coordinate stakeholders to ensure quality has an effective input to total performance
- Support the monitoring and completion of corrective, preventive and/or improvement actions by the business area
- Coordinate nonconforming material in accordance with the Non-Conformance Report (NCR) processes to ensure that all nonconforming material is identified, segregated and reported
- Support the timely and effective completion of quality audits
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Formal training in quality or equivalent experience in Quality related subjects
- Experience in mechanical/electrical/electronic manufacturing and a sound knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications (desired)
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and AS9100 Standards
- An eye for detail with the ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Literacy in computer usage including skills in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills to all levels
- Strong problem-solving skills using systematic process control techniques
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au