Senior Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Apply your talents and grow your career in a supportive environment
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer within our Red Ochre LABS based in Richmond, Victoria.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role
The ‘Airpower Teaming System (ATS) MQ-28A Ghost Bat' ' is a program building on BAE Systems' decades of engineering heritage in Autonomy, Guided Weapons and Electronic Warfare domains.
As part of the ATS Team, you will ensure robust Systems Engineering practices are implemented across all aspects of a payload development project within the ATS program.
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Implementing robust BAE System Engineering practices across the product lifecycle, with a focus on applying your knowledge in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology and toolsets
- Developing and managing system requirements, models and documents
- Assisting in the planning, development, integration, verification, validation and release of hardware, software and data item deliverables
- Helping to ensure that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Contributing to the successful delivery of the project within cost and schedule
- Maintaining product & personnel safety as a paramount consideration during all stages of system design & subsequent testing and operation
- Building and maintaining customer relationships through ongoing customer contact
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A sound understanding of Systems Engineering practises and Engineering methods as applied to the development of military equipment and services across the engineering lifecycle
- Significant experience within the Systems Engineering discipline, with demonstrated experience in the technical development and Systems Design of engineering projects
- A good understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering processes, methods and tools
- Experience within Communications, Electronic Warfare, or Simulation Systems technology domains highly desired
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customer at all levels
- The ability to obtain or hold an Australian Defence Clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link and check out our Employee Benefits webpage
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au