Capital Projects Engineer - 18 Month Fixed Term Opportunity
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Bring your Capital Project Engineering experience to this key role and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting fixed-term opportunity with the possibility to contract renewal as a Capital Project Engineer within our Red Ochre Labs Manufacturing Business Unit based in SA-Edinburgh Parks.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Red Ochre LABS is a hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia, bringing together our most talented engineers across Australia to pioneer advanced technology and future-altering solutions.
As the Capital Projects Engineer you will be responsible for managing the complete capital introduction lifecycle for nominated projects within the Red Ochre LABS Manufacturing and Support business. From developing compelling business cases addressing both business and financial due diligence needs right through to project management of site preparation, installation, commissioning, testing, documentation, and introduction of the associated new or updated manufacturing processes you will provide your technical project management expertise to help ensure delivery of all targeted capital project outcomes.
Reporting to the Program Engineering Manager you will:
- Project Manage the implementation of capital equipment into production from initial project inception and business case development right through to project completion and handover to production
- Provide an objective, professional evaluation of proposed capital solutions to manufacturing needs
- Design and develop manufacturing processes and the capital solutions required to enable them, to meet defined capability requirements in support of planned uplift in manufacturing capability
- Lead the assessment, selection and implementation of new capital equipment including developing business cases to justify project investment and facilitating and supporting the consequent capex approval process
- Facilitate the input of all impacted stakeholders and relevant SMEs in developing project business cases and in the execution of capital projects
- Manage capital implementations to ensure all personnel involved and any contractors engaged to support follow safety and environment management practises in accordance with and compliant with relevant business procedures
- Schedule, track, manage and regularly report on capital project implementation progress against developed project plans and project financial budgets
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree level qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline or a relevant engineering trade plus post trade training to an equivalent level of capability
- Demonstrated practical experience and extensive knowledge of capital project implementations in a medium volume defence and/or commercial repetitive manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- Good computer literacy with understanding of Project Management and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) tools
- A strong understanding of the product design and manufacturing lifecycle
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au