Internal Investments Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Unique development opportunity in corporate strategy and portfolio investment
- Enjoy an engaging and collaborative culture that embraces diversity, flexibility and a growth mindset
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We have an exciting opportunity as an Internal Investment Coordinator for our Australian business, organizationally within our IM&T function.
Our key site is based in Adelaide, with significant flexibility to accommodate other locations across Australia for the right candidate.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive and grow
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual and support work-life balance
- Joining a passionate, supportive and people oriented team environment, committed to creating a safe and enjoyable environment in which to learn and grow your career
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance to Australia
Your new role:
The Investment Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Internal Investments Portfolio Manager with the coordination of internal investment projects through all aspects of their lifecycle.
More specifically you will:
- Engage and collaborate with internal Project Managers on the status, progress and delivery of the projects, ensuring compliance with the Internal Investment Projects Framework
- Manage the collation of internal business cases for presentation to the Executive Leadership Team
- Support the management of inputs to and outputs from the internal investment projects pipeline
- Liaise with functional project management offices on their project/initiatives and alignment with the internal investment pipeline of projects
- Continually improve process and activities
- Proactively contribute to and collaborate with Improvement and Change team members
- Administer internal investment projects gated reviews, including agenda development, conduct of meetings, record keeping and maintaining an actions register
- Assess the completeness of plans and reports related to internal investment
- Educate and create awareness of the roles and expectations of Executive Sponsors, Project Managers, etc in relation to the Internal Investment Projects Framework.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in business, finance, project management or related discipline.
- Good stakeholder management skills and business acumen with a desire to stretch these.
- Experience in being part of a cross-functional project or team.
- Understanding of successful initiation, planning, execution, risk management and close out of cross-enterprise initiatives and improvement projects.
- Exposure to complex projects in IM&T, Finance, Facilities, Security and other enabling business areas is desirable.
- Experience with the conduct of lessons learnt, learning from experience, project financial reporting and benefits analysis
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond - Talent Acquisition Specialist. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
You'll be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us, that means providing sustainable work-life balance and ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued, creating a sense of belonging.
We celebrate and support diversity in all forms and employ a host of initiatives, including our Employee Assistance program, flexible work arrangements, progressive parental leave policies and a focus on veteran support, among many others.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au