Internal Investment Portfolio Manager
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Unique opportunity to align performance to corporate strategy and manage a portfolio of varied projects of national significance
- Enjoy an engaging and collaborative culture that embraces diversity, flexibility and a growth mindset
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We have an exciting opportunity as the Internal Investment Portfolio Manager for the Australian business, organisationally within our IM&T function. Our key site is based in Adelaide, with significant flexibility to accommodate other locations across Australia for the right candidate.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive and grow
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual and support work-life balance
- Joining a passionate, supportive and people oriented team environment, committed to creating a safe and enjoyable environment in which to learn and grow your career
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance to Australia
Your new role:
The Investment Portfolio manager will develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure that all potential and approved internal investment projects are aligned intrinsically with business strategic priorities and objectives. Overall, the objective of the Internal Investment team will be to coordinate and provide oversight of internal investment projects across our business to ensure they add value and deliver expected benefits.
More specifically you will:
- Provide oversight of the portfolio of BAE Systems Australia's internal investments ensuring that they align to company strategy and governance.
- Ensure BAE Systems Australia has a continuous pipeline of capability enhancing internal projects that support our delivery businesses and broader company strategy.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to more junior project managers and team members.
- Foster a positive and collaborative culture between key project stakeholders and the project team.
- Build and maintain a trusted relationship with the internal customers by being a focal point for the internal investments portfolio.
- Ensure all project requirements and / or objectives are properly documented and vigorously pursued including ensuring Post Implementation Reviews (PIRs) are conducted for all projects.
- Independently review projects at decision gates and provide these assessments formally to the Internal Investment Board (IIB) made up of Executive Leadership Team members.
- Identify cross-portfolio opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit.
- Identify and address training and development needs for the project team.
- Deliver mentoring to developing Project Managers.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in business, finance, project management or related discipline.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and business acumen.
- Experience in managing a cross-functional project or team.
- Experience of successful initiation, planning, execution, risk management and close out of cross-enterprise initiatives and improvement projects.
- Experience with complex projects in IM&T, Finance, Facilities, Security and other enabling business areas is desirable.
- Experience with the conduct of learning from experience, project financial reporting and benefits analysis.
- Working Knowledge and application of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is desirable.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond - Talent Acquisition Specialist. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
You'll be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us, that means providing sustainable work-life balance and ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued, creating a sense of belonging.
We celebrate and support diversity in all forms and employ a host of initiatives, including our Employee Assistance program, flexible work arrangements, progressive parental leave policies and a focus on veteran support, among many others.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au