Business Resilience Manager - Maritime
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Key critical role, drive our business excellence
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Business Resilience Manager based in our Adelaide offices. With the flexibility to work from home from occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As the Business Resilience Manager, you will lead the delivery of our Business Continuity & Resilience (BC&R) Framework in the Maritime Australia business. In this “hands on” role, you will ensure that the business is prepared, trained and capable to respond to disruptions, ensuring the continuity of essential operations.
- Develop, implement, coordinate and monitor the BC&R requirements for the Maritime Australia business including site and project specific requirements.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders across the Maritime Business to identify and analyse critical business activities, ensuring appropriate incident management and business continuity strategies and processes are identified, implemented and tested to minimise impacts.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive training to Maritime Business stakeholders.
- Support Maritime Business stakeholders, ensuring that essential business activities can be continued and recovered in the event of a business disruption.
- Support national incident management and disaster recovery arrangements with business stakeholders across the Maritime Business.
- Ensure appropriate continuity processes, plans and guidance documentation is in place, readily available and maintained.
- Work in partnership with SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) in ensuring fit for purpose emergency management capability to support complex business operations, ensuring the safety of employees, visitors and contractors.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in business continuity and resilience related principles, risk identification and management is essential.
- Experience in training development and delivery including exposure to exercising.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline would be preferred.
- Be an Australian Citizen with eligibility to obtain and maintain defence security clearance to a minimum of NV1.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.