Systems Engineer Nulka
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Apply your talent in one of the country's best and largest defence export programs
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have multiple exciting opportunities for a Systems Engineer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions business based in Richmond, VIC.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Nulka system is the result of a collaborative development between Australia and the US, and brings together advanced flight vehicle guidance and control techniques, and sophisticated RF electronic technologies. Fully autonomous after launch, the unique flight vehicle design allows the decoy's flight-path to be maintained with a high degree of precision over a wide range of environmental conditions, resulting in extremely high levels of mission effectiveness against modern anti-ship missiles.
Nulka is an integral element of a comprehensive, integrated layered defence system, and its unique capabilities complement conventional hard-kill missile and gun systems.
You can learn more about the Nulka program here - https://www.baesystems.com/en-aus/product/nulka
As a Systems Engineer, you will work with other members of the Systems Team, under direction and in support of the Systems Engineering Manager. You will also work with the other project design (software, hardware, mechanical, etc.) and support teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach to the project engineering development and verification activities.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop and manage System requirements, models and documents (System and Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, MBSE artefacts, etc.)
- Undertake System Engineering activities in compliance with BAE Systems Engineering Lifecycle as specified in the Business Management System (BMS). Specifically: requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Apply Model Based Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques
- Performing analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Develop and execute system tests and agree component tests which will ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
- With the support of component suppliers, integrating components in a logical manner to ensure that emergent properties and limitations are exposed and acceptable
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Systems, Electronics, Software, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
Demonstrated experience within the Engineering discipline with working experience in the technical development and Systems Design of engineering projects
Experience in effective use of Engineering Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure
Good communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with engineers within the project
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.