Project Manager - Shipyard Capability
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Own shipyard facility upgrade projects from inception to completion
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity as a Project Manager – Shipyard Capability within our Maritime Australia based in SA, Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As the Project Manager – Shipyard Capability you will manage PM services on various shipyard investment projects aimed at providing solutions to gaps in shipyard capability.
Initially your focus will be providing solutions to capability gaps within the shipyard facilities for the prototyping phase. The next phase will focus on larger investment projects and upgrades to the shipyard to support Continuous Naval Shipbuilding.
In more specific terms you will:
- Project manage the delivery of investment projects from inception to completion being responsible for managing schedule, budget and project reporting of each allocated investment project
- Coordinating design services (internal or external) to achieve solutions to shipyard capability gaps.
- Leading a project team to deliver business outcomes to quality, schedule and cost.
- Oversee the engagement and ongoing management of subcontractors, contracting, and service providers
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Construction or facilities upgrade Project Management experience
- Understanding of CAPEX and accounting with ability to influence financial decisions ideally but not essential
- Ability to motivate, coach & mentor individuals in your team and manage multiple stakeholders across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Capability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
- Self-motivation, can work autonomously to drive results and ensure project are delivered on time and within budget
- Knowledge of Naval Shipbuilding processes and manufacturing methods ideally but not essential
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Monique Marshall – Talent Acquisition and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.