IT Systems Lead
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Unique opportunity to lead a team of IT Analyst providing shipbuilding design solutions to Australia's first digital shipyard
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture, where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Design Systems Lead within Maritime Australia based at the Osborne Naval Shipyard in South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
- BAE Systems Australia offers a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight option which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
As Design Systems Lead you will be responsible for building and establish the Design Systems capability within Maritime Australia. You will also be responsible for managing and mentoring team of IT Systems Analysts and take ownership of all design systems capability development and enhancement initiatives
More specifically, you will:
- Enabling the program to provide a high level of customer satisfaction via on time quality deliverables
- Develop competencies and capabilities within the team in areas of design tools and systems accelerating the establishment of SMEs within the team
- Mentor and coach team members, contribute to the success of the team through effective training and upskilling.
- Act as an escalation point for day to day incidents, providing a co-ordination point as required and defined within the Incident Management process.
- Proactively take ownership of all design systems capability development and enhancement initiatives and work with peers and team members to resolve and communicate status changes.
- Report on performance focus areas as agreed within the developed framework and KPIs
- Actively engage, promote decision making and influence strategy.
- Working with other IM&T leaders, deliver a cross organizational support model.
- Provide critical inputs into the delivery strategy to ensure, Technical Change, ICT Governance, and transition to support processes.
- Develop and influence the creation of a suitable knowledge base related to Engineering Systems Delivery, considering templates and influencing consistent outcomes.
- Assist in the definition of the support organization for the HCFP. Working alongside stakeholders to define, measure and implement support requirements including the definition of relevant business initiatives
- Conduct Operational Readiness Reviews including a gap analysis and improvement plan where required.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, identifying areas of improvement or concern and leading initiatives to improve service levels.
- The IM&T and the wider HCFP team will be operating as ‘One Team' across multiple time zones. Due to this it will be expected that team members will adopt a ‘Smart Working' approach, being flexible with their start and finish times to maintain a work life balance.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related disciple
- Minimum 3 -4yrs experience in leadership or management role with proven experience managing team/s
- Leadership style that influences people at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to build ongoing positive and constructive relationships with key stakeholders and motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Can do and flexible attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret complex technical issues to requirements and functional solutions would be an essential skill
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.