Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Opportunity to learn and apply your commercial acumen supporting our maritime sustainment program
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have rewarding opportunity as a Commercial Officer within our Maritime Sustainment line of business to be based either in Cairns, Queensland or Adelaide, South Australia. Hybrid working arrangement and 9 days a fortnight full time working arrangements are on offer.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for delivering commercial services to meet the operational need which includes supporting business winning activities, request for bid approval and submission, contract execution, delivery and phase out activities.
More specifically, you will
- Develop and manage the commercial relationship with customer community and manage/resolve customer queries and issues
- Prepare bids in line with life cycle management, request for bid approval process and support to review, draft, negotiation and finalise contracts and commercial agreements
- Support delivery of contracted deliverables within the Commercial area of accountability
- Support procurement and supply chain colleagues in preparation of sub contract terms and conditions
- Liaise closely with internal legal team and external legal advisors to ensure all contracts have necessary legal input/governance
- Draft moderately complex contracts/agreements and provide advice on commercial policy to non-commercial stakeholders
- Manage the implementation of procedures and controls within the specified area to ensure compliance with commercial policies
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated commercial experience preferably in contract management or relevant area
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm with an ability to provide pragmatic commercial solutions
- Strong team player and communicator with an ability to build relationships and engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Good business or commercial acumen and proficient user of MS Office skills especially word, excel and power point
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in law, project management or commerce and/or working towards WorldCC advanced practitioner programme is desirable
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
Applications can be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.