Project Manager - Product Delivery
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Making Australian made products, making a difference everyday
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Project Manager – Product Delivery within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
You will be a part of our JORN delivery team working closely with our engineers to provide the latest technology at the remote radar sites. This includes management of hardware and software design; manufacturing activities; system installation; integration of a very complex system; and acceptance testing.
By working in JORN you will be able to contribute to a major upgrade of one of Australia's unique surveillance capabilities. This upgrade directly supports the Australian Defence Force in protecting Australia's northern and western approaches.
In more specific terms you will:
- Manage complex projects to achieve the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements.
- Provide clear direction to ensure daily, weekly and critical tasks are executed by the required deadlines to the required quality standards.
- Plan and report on the monthly cycle of project schedule progress, Risk and Opportunity (R&O) reviews and Estimate at Completion (EAC) updates.
- Be strategic partner to the business & customer, providing expertise and advice
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Successfully planned, executed and delivered large scale complex integration projects whilst actively managing risk and opportunity.
- Leadership experience, a true mentor and coach who challenges and encourages
- Influencing skills enabling successful delivery and collaboration across the project team and stakeholder community.
- Strategical minded ability to make informed and timely decisions in a data rich and dynamic environment.
- Managed projects using Earned Value Management methodologies.
- A formal qualification in project management or working towards will be highly regarded.
- Defence security clearance Negative Vetting 1.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Monique Marshall – Talent Acquisition and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.