EOI - EW Systems and Software
Location: Oaks Estate
Job Type: Full time
BAE Systems is growing our Electronic Warfare business and is offering unique opportunities to work on significant Australian Defence programs. We specialise in developing new products to coordinate integration of electronic detection and counter-measure systems into semi-autonomous and fully integrated systems of systems.
We are seeking people in the Electronic Warfare (EW) space, either with previous EW experience or aligned engineering qualifications and a desire to work within this challenging domain. We have multiple specific requirements in:
- System Engineers
- Software Engineers
Ideally you would currently be living in Adelaide, Canberra or Melbourne, finishing up a project or looking for your next challenge and would like the opportunity to work virtually with travel to those locations.
Apply now to submit your EOI and we'll add you to our Talent Acquisition Community so you're kept up to date with any events we think you might be interested in and kept top of mind for opportunities that match your skill set and capability.
About BAE Systems:
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
About the role:
The role of the System Engineer is to shape and drive the success of agile projects with a team of engineers, designers and product specialists on varied and exciting projects with the support of the Project Engineering Manager. As a member of the Project team, you will also work with the other project design (software, hardware, mechanical, etc.) and support teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach is taken with respect to the project engineering development and verification activities.
The role of the Software Engineer is to champion use of 'Best Practice' Software Engineering processes and methods across the project and flow project best practice back into the broader company. Understanding several software development lifecycle options (including agile), you will design software in an object-orientated methodology and undertake implementation in C++, C# or other languages suited to mission critical applications. As a member of the Project team, you will interface with others ensuring that the broader project team's needs are taken into account.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Sound understanding of Systems Engineering practises and Engineering methods as applied to the development of military equipment and services across the engineering lifecycle
- Experience in effective use of Engineering Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure
- Own the facilitation of agile ceremonies for various delivery teams within client engagements
- Drive strong relationships with key client stakeholders and become their trusted partner
- Proven ability to function confidently, managing risks and issues, within a project team environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to represent BAE Systems in a professional and ethical manner
- Ability to travel within Australia
NB. This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business.
- Defence or commercial experience in delivering systems design of engineering projects
- Experience of systems and software engineering, enterprise architecture and interface architecture
- Must hold or be eligible for Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Scrum certifications are preferred but not essential
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques are preferred but not essential
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous agile environment
- Exceptional stakeholder management with the ability to influence and persuade
We offer a wide range of perks and benefits here at BAE Systems, check out the link to know more - Employee Benefits | BAE Systems | Australia
As Defence security clearances are required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Registrations of interest should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman: Talent Acquisition - Engineering and made online here.
Whilst registrations of interest must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Ayesha.email@example.com
What happens next?
We will consider your registration of interest against the planned opportunities and provide feedback. Should your background align, we'll welcome you into our talent community and keep you informed as to the status of emerging job opportunities.
As always, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for our opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.