Technology Transfer Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Exciting opportunity to manage the transfer of knowledge between AU & UK
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity as a Technical Services Group Manager within our Maritime Australiabased in Osborne, Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As a Technology Transfer Project Manager, you will provide significant support to the Hunter Class Frigate Program which is the largest and most advanced defence program in Australia.
Specifically, you will be responsible for managing a large project designed to lift the skills, capability and knowledge of staff so the Program can be successfully delivered. You will work in a diverse and fast passed environment which will suit an aspiring project manager seeking exposure to a significant defence program.
In more specific terms you will:
- Project Management of the Technology Transfer - Knowledge Transfer program ensuring target outcomes are met, value for money is delivered and capability for the Hunter Class Frigate Program is uplifted
- Day to day management of Knowledge Transfer program delivery and International Assignment budgetary control
- Management of Knowledge Transfer processes to ensure accountability and auditability; striving to continuously improve processes and delivery better outcomes
- Leadership of business case design and development – demonstrating strong commercial acumen to ensure value for money and stakeholder approval
- Be a conduit between Engineering and Program Leadership
- Produce progress reporting in accordance with project control guidelines and disciplines
- Leadership of detailed project planning activities
- Presentation at key project governance committees
- Financial management of budgets ensuring appropriate financial management controls
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Outstanding communications skills – capable of building rapport with a wide variety of stakeholders ranging from senior leaders to production engineers
- Self-motivated, proactive approach – not afraid to network and follow up
- Commercial acumen – strong understanding of business cases
- Experience in presenting to senior leadership
- Project Management experience with qualifications or certifications high valued
- Understanding of project financials with experience in Earned Value Management highly valued
- An ability to converse with technical resources and quickly absorb new information
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment with a large number of stakeholders
- An understanding of the engineering lifecycle would be highly valued
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Monique Marshall – Talent Acquisition and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.