ILS Engineering Professionals
Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible. Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the Opportunity
Opportunities now exists for talented Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineering Professionals to demonstrate their (ILS) engineering expertise and make a valuable contribution on the JORN program.
This role is responsible for analysing logistics support data and trends on equipment and systems, and for providing recommendations that assist in ensuring the effective operation and sustainment of the equipment and systems until the Life of Type is reached. Reporting into the Lead Support the incumbent will assist with specialist input to the design and development of solutions it will also see you develop logistics support analysis outputs in accordance with the approved BAE Systems Australia standard procedures and processes, and those collaboratively developed within the Enterprise.
This position can be located in our Melbourne office however relocation will also be offered to interstate candidates willing to relocate to SA for our JORN project based in Adelaide.
This opportunity will see you:
- Conduct Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)/logistics supportability engineering activities in support of projects within the JORN program
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to assess the reliability of designs and provide ILS engineering advice to a variety of stakeholders
- Conduct ILS engineering analyses to support product and system design decisions, meeting safety and regulatory requirements
- Derive ILS support solution requirements, define the test requirements and participate in design and requirements reviews
- Undertake ILS engineering analyses in accordance with defined standards customer requirements including RAM, LCC, LSA, Level of Repair Analysis, Provisioning analysis, Testability analysis and Training Needs Analysis
- Utilise ILS engineering tools effectively to undertake ILS documentation development and verification
- Conduct investigations and analyse data collected for an impression of equipment/ systems history and current condition
- Conduct risk assessments on the equipment/ system being investigated
- Draw conclusions and propose recommendations to improve equipment/ system reliability and supportability based on LSA data and available evidence
- Complete and deliver reporting documentation on time, to an agreed schedule
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
- Tertiary qualification - Diploma, formal trade or technical certificate qualification in Engineering and/ or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in the technical review and reporting of assessment data relative to the mechanical and/ or electrical health of systems and equipment
- Experience in the operation and/ or maintenance of those systems in a defence or related technical industry (highly desirable)
- ILS or logistics supportability engineering experience and relevant technical/production experience
- Experience with Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) modelling and reports, Logistics Support Analysis, Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), or Provisioning Analysis
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence and develop effective working relationships
- Flexible, practical minded and driven to improve current processes and solve problems
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances